Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Welcome to VIRGINIA!

After S.E.R.E. school was finished, I flew back to Pensacola to finish some admin and checking out stuff at my old squadron. I slept the entire weekend, ate a LOT of unhealthy food, and Callie and I left for the long drive up to Virginia Beach. Everything had happened so quickly since wings that I had to sign a lease for an apartment in VA online before S.E.R.E. school. They allowed dogs, so I was in! When we got up here, I had no furniture or T.V. or anything since my movers wouldn't be here for another week, so Callie and did a lot of movie watching on the internet on my air mattress and I redecorated my bathroom! It was the only finished room in the apartment for a while! The location is nice for us; it's not too close to base, and between the ocean and downtown. Although we don't have a backyard, there is a dog park for Callie to meet other pups!

After meeting some of the guys from my new class, we made the most of the summer in VA Beach and had a great time! We went out to Kokoamoes on the water, hung out on Rocco's boat, and took the dogs to the beach every chance we got! Kevin Swift, one of my best friends from flight school was in the class behind me and got here right after I did, so we hung out a lot! Plus, him and Callie (the girl :) had a quick romance, so she even lived down here for a while! It was SO great!!! It became almost a daily routine for Hall and I to take the dogs to Dam Neck beach and let them play! Hall is a pilot in my class with a beautiful Viszla named Frank. Frank and Callie are pretty much brother and sister, and fight like it!!! And actually so do Hall and I!!! Hall and his wife Brittany have been amazing friends and we've had a great time together!


Danny (a pilot) and I at Kokoamoes
Callie and I...being Callie and I :)
Hall AKA "Whiskers" and Brittany!

Tommy and Margaret

Out on Rocco's boat with him and Kermit

A very windy beach day!
Kevin and Boosha, Hall and Frank, and Callie and me!
Callie's standard face haha!

Frank, trying to stalk some birds!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You're doing so good on the blog. I've forgotten about that pic from Keegan's my arm looks huge!! I am so glad to see that cause now I can tell I've lost a little bit of weight. Okay this is more of a phone conversation than a comment for your blog. Sorry peeps that are reading this:)

    ReplyDelete