Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family in Pensacola!

I am SO lucky to have the best family in the world! We have such a great support system, and are always there for each other! My parents have been my backbone through this whole military career so far, and come to visit whenever they can! Becky and Rhonda are ready to come play when the time is right! I've been so fortunate to still have so much family time and create such amazing memories, even when I can't make it home! I love them SO much!!! I also have the best friends ever!!! Jaida and Callie both were down for my commissioning and Jaida made another trip down this summer to visit! I miss everyone like crazy!




May 2007
Momma and Pooks came down to visit for a Mothers' Day vacation! On the way home from picking them up at the airport, there was a banner for the Louisiana crawfish festival! So of course, Momma said "Let's GO!!!" We had a ball!!! We learned how to peel and eat crawfish by the pound, and Mom even climbed over the rope to see how the guys were boiling them! She got the VIP treatment (being so pretty and all) and we ate until our stomachs ached! And then we settled in for some great live music and cold beer!



Peg Leg Petes!
Going to church

Momma getting her first squadron tour...ever. It was so much fun to spend time with her and Becky Sue!




At the lighthouse on the base beach. My mom has a thing for lighthouses!
Going to see Martina McBride! I surprised them both with tickets for my Mothers' Day gift! Martina is this tiny woman with a voice that doesn't stop! It was so entertaining to watch her and she put on a great show! (Rodney Atkins and Little Big Town opened)
June 2007
My best friend, Jaida came down this summer to visit and it was so nice to finally have a chance to sit down and hang out like old college times! Jaida and I went to GVSU together, played basketball together for a couple years, and now she is going to medical school and Wayne State University! Her brother, Josh, was an All-American football player from GV and plays for the Montreal CFL team! I love this girl SO much!


AND...Jaida saw her first Blue Angels performance. They were doing their show for a practice during her squadron tour!!! She loved it!

July 2007
For my birthday each year, or around that time, my dad tries to make a trip to my place and visit! This year I got REALLY lucky and both Rhonda and Becky made it too! Callie Sue was SO excited to have her first reunion with her dad, and I couldn't wait to show them all my planes and base! There was even the annual Blue Angel airshow on Pensacola Beach during their visit, so it was the first time any of them had seen them too! My dad was hooked!
Of course, Peg Leg Pete's!!! :)
Fishing out our backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment