Monday, April 20, 2009

Dad and Rhonda in town...First RHINO flight!!!

July 2008
My dad made another birthday visit! This time, of course, down to VA Beach! Rhonda also came up from Raleigh for a few days! We had a great time, and great weather! We went to the beach, to fabulous dinners, and just hung out. It was so amazing to just be with family again! I miss them all so much!




One of the best parts of the trip was the fact that my dad got to witness my very first F/A-18F Superhornet flight! He sat, along with Kevin at the end of the runway and watched as I taxied to the hold short, and took off for the first time in a fighter jet! He said he'll never forget it, and neither will I! And I know he still talks about it to anyone who will listen! My family is the biggest reason I am where I am today, and for my dad to be able to see that meant the world to me. Thanks, daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment