Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christmas '07

December 2007
Christmas this year was long coming! Advanced flight training proved to be pretty stressful and I couldn't wait to get home, eat good meals, play in the snow, and most of all, be with family! First though, I had to attend a couple of Christmas parties! My primary/intermediate squadron, VT-4, invited me to their party and it was a ball!!! It was great to be able to have some drinks and dance and party with my former instructors! The very next night was the VT-86 Christmas party, so we did it all over again!





Then, Callie Sue and I drove all the way up to the U.P.! (26 hours!!!) I planned on making a stop in Kalamazoo to spend the night with Becky Sue and then finish the drive. I arrived at her apartment at 3:00 am and got a phone call from dad at 6:00 am saying we had to leave immediately or we'd get caught in a major blizzard! I woke her up and we were off again!

We had a great road trip together, sharing stories about flying and college! About 11 giddy hours later, we pulled home singing "Purple People Eater!"

We went to Copper Peak, the old competition ski jump, and snowshoed all around! We climbed all the way up the big ski hill, and Becky even climbed the actual jump! It was a blast!

Christmas Eve was serene at my mom's; she had it so beautifully decorated! The tree was up, presents were wrapped, the cookies were fresh, and the woodstove was smokin'! We went to Christmas Eve service at my mom's church and I even wore my blues especially for her!

Later that day, we went for a snowshoe hike down to White Rock on the Black River that runs behind our house! The river was mostly frozen over, but the sun was shining, so we snowshoed all day!
Christmas day at my dad's: Becky Sue got her new Bose headphones and I got a beautiful new pocket knife!
Our annual Roberts' Christmas dinner at Grandpas!

On my way back to Pensacola, we stopped in Kalamazoo to see some family! We spent the night with Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob, and Jim and Breann came over with Isabelle for dinner! Then on our way out, we grabbed lunch with PaPa Horses, Pat and Aunt Carol! Then it was off again, saying too many goodbyes. Next stop was Detroit to have another lunch with Jaida and Callie and meet up with Courtney (another friend from GVSU!) What a GREAT road trip!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment