Sunday, April 12, 2009

Soft Wings!

DONE! I finally finished my flight training in Pensacola! My last two T-2 flights were on a gorgeous day, and supreme BFM (basic fighting maneuvers) weather! Mark Sheggeby, a classmate and friend, was my partner for all 6 BFM flights and this day we flew twice. He was in one jet, I was in the other, as we strived to advise our pilots on how to out-maneuver the other jet and get the first "shot." He kicked my butt on the first one that day, but after we landed and refueled, I sought revenge! My jet attained the first shot on every fight the second flight, and landing back at NAS Pensacola, we climbed out of the jets, talked a little trash, shook hands and awaited our greeting! On each students' final flight, the instructor that they flew with removes the patch with just their name on it, and presents them with a new patch with gold wings! Then you get a swift punch in the patch to welcome you to the community! Then, the other student NFO's and instructors come down with buckets of icy water and bottles of champagne to congratulate you. We had done it for our squadron mates so many times before and it was great for it to be our turn! I was SO happy it was a warm day, because the water is freezing! But the champagne is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment