Thursday, April 30, 2009

Great times in VA!

April 2009
So, I guess I can't really complain about being med down and hardly working when the temperature reaches 90 degrees in April!!! We had a beautiful weekend, and Brittany and I decided to make the most of it! We went to the beach on Friday evening, after both of us had had a trying day. They live only a couple of blocks from the beach, and on our way back to the house, we spotted a giant shark sitting on a lower dock in the marina and thought it would be fun! We also walked onto a man's boat and got the grand tour! Hopefully he's not too upset with us! :) Then we sat in their backyard in the sun, with Hall and their neighbors and talked and laughed...a lot! I also went to the beach Saturday and Sunday with Callie! I guess we skipped spring this year! This week, Brittany called me to see if I wanted to go strawberry picking! It sounded like the best idea EVER and they were SO ripe and juicy! After that, we went to get some greasy, greasy pizza and garlic knots, and I ordered a root beer float! My dad said it was the "all-American day," and it certainly was since we closed it out at the local AAA baseball game, the Norfolk Tides! VA Beach is ready for summer, and even though I'm looking forward to going back to work, I can't complain about these days! PLUS...Brittany got a job!!! I'm so proud and she is super relieved! Now I have to go out and buy a new friend for a month.... :)

Brookdale Farms Strawberry Pickin'!

1 comment: