Sunday, April 12, 2009

March 2008

Spring was arriving in Pensacola, and instead of warm, rainy weather, aka "winter," it was beautiful and sunny! Easter was great because my good friends Bob and Judy had the whole neighborhood over for a cookout and an easter egg hunt for the kids! It was such a nice time, and it helps to have amazing friends when I'm so far away from my family! We ate, and Callie Sue begged (and succeeded!), and had a lot of laughs! I miss my Pensacola family SO much!


Bob and I
Judy and I

Also, some of my buddies from flight school who had been in my class most of the way through were getting winged. These were the guys who were selected for the EA-6B Prowler and were going to their next phase of training in Whidbey Island, WA. Lee Dai is one of the guys that I flew with to Grand Junction, and it's always hard to say bye! But we know our community is small and we'll run into each other again! There's always a great party after a winging ceremony, and I couldn't wait for mine!!!

A couple of my great flight school girlfriends! (yes, there's a few of us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment