Sunday, April 12, 2009

Save the Ta-Tas!

May 2008
Right before I finished my flight training, the awesome Wives' Club of VT-86 participated in the local Relay For Life event and invited me to come along! Relay is a moving celebration of cancer survivorship. The event begins with a Survivors Lap in which cancer survivors take a victory lap around the track. A candlelight ceremony is held later in the evening to honor cancer survivors and remember those who we’ve lost to this disease. It was kind of a bleak, rainy day, but there were SO many people out for the cause it was super motivating! It was great to see the community come out, rain or shine, night and day to support all of the survivors of cancer. The signs lining the track were so sad to walk by, but definitely made everyone there take a time out for reflection. I love being a part of community I live in, even though moving around makes it difficult! The VT-86 Wives' Clubs did such a great job of getting involved, and I am so appreciative of the way they represented us!

No comments:

Post a Comment