Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Memorable Memorial Day <3

May 25, 2009
I am SO LUCKY to have the family I do! Driving all the way up to MI was so great and seeing my old friends was fantastic! Then, on Memorial Day, my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob had a cookout at their house and almost my whole family on my mom's side came for it! Papa Horses and Pat, Grandma DeDe, Uncle Wendell and Aunt Carol, Jim, Bre, and the girls Isabelle and Audrey, and even Jeremy drove all the way from Detroit for the day! Becky and I of course went together and it was such a great time! The food was awesome, (Becky made homemade brownies from scratch and I think Jimmy had about 8 :), burgers, potato salad, pasta salad, chips and dip, the whole works! This was the first time I had met Audrey (almost 1 year old now), and she is SO beautiful! We played ladder golf and had TONS of laughs! It was so overwhelming in the best way possible!

The next few days I got a chance to spend a little one-on-one time with my grandparents. The next night, Grandma DeDe, Great Aunt Pat, Aunt Sandy, Becky and I went out for pizza at grandma's favorite joint: Bimbos. The whole wait staff there knows her and her late husband, PaPa Hank from years of eating pizza and dancing next door! After, we rented Slumdog Millionaire and went over to her new apartment and ate candies and watched it! It was so great to see her finally settled in back home!

The next morning, I headed over to PaPa Horses and Pat's house for breakfast. We sat out on the porch and ate and talked and talked! Then we took the 4-wheelers out to go meet their new mule, Bodacious Badass, and visit with the horse, Trudy. After, we took the 4-wheelers all through the fields and saw a bunch of wild turkeys! They have the most beautiful land and it was so great to play outside again!

Later that day, Aunt Sandy and I took a trip to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo! It's a great indoor museum of airplanes dated back to the beginning of flight! We saw a neat 4-D movie about a B-17 bomb raid during WWII and I got to show her what an F-14 Tomcat and an F-18 Hornet look like! We had a great lunch, and so much fun!

I miss everyone so much, and wish I could be there more, but am so grateful they made it such a special visit for me! I love you all!!! <3


Memorial Day '09
Such beauties!

Our first meeting!











My PaPa, Pat, and me! :)

Sandra Dee and I at the Air Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment