Tuesday, September 1, 2009

VFA 103 Jolly Rogers


Well, it's official! I finished the Fleet Replacement Squadron (VFA-106 Gladiators) after 15 months of training and a knee surgery later! I found out while I was on the U.S.S. Harry Truman doing carrier qualifications (CQ), that I would be stationed in Virginia Beach with the VFA-103 Jolly Rogers for the next 3 years! I was really excited, because it was my first choice of duty station AND fleet squadron. Basically, that means that I am in an operational squadron and deployable. Turns out, they just returned from deployment at the end of July and we are going back out again January 2nd. Some of the guys already in the squadron are a little disappointed about the short turn-around, but all of us new guys are really amped up! Finally, after 3 years in training, we are headed over to the middle east to help in our efforts to end terrorism. We'll leave here in January and it takes about a month to get to the Middle East, and then spend 5 months supporting our brave troops on the ground. We'll be living on the "Ike" the U.S.S. Eisenhower. As soon as I get more details I will be sure to forward email addresses, and of course I can get 'snail mail' on the boat! Stay tuned, I'll add pictures soon!

1 comment: